With the two days of rain, Bradbury is looking like the Bradbury I know and love. The last time Rick and I ran the Scuffle course there wasn't a puddle and just a bit of mud. Today, there was steady rain with bouts of heavy stuff. Puddles lined the course, some deep, some slippery.
I was a little worried after yesterday's run that I might be walking a bit of it, not as fun in the rain. It seems my body loves those trails though. Before the Bruiser last year, I was worried cause my ITB was tight to start and had bothered me during the week. By the end of the race I was cured! Similarly, I felt better after our run today than at the outset.
A couple of fun things along the way...Early on, not far after the right onto Fox East two runners were heading towards us. Rick said, "It's Ian". I thought so, too. It wasn't till the guy spoke that I realized it wasn't. Before we got to the rock wall, the same two runners were catching us from behind. They ask, "Are you lost or are we?" I assured them it wasn't us and asked where they wanted to be going. They were looking for the snowmobile trail to head out. I told him to turn around and stay on Fox till the end and then make a left. Before they headed off, the one that looked like Ian said to me, "Nice hat!" That's when I noticed his Inov8 hat! I asked if it was from this year. Yup. We knuckle bumped and they headed off. : )
Our other fun was that the big bridge on the snowmobile trail on the way back was totally out. That's a pretty long, deep stretch of water to go through. I was sure we'd have leeches on us when we got out. Nope, just mud! The lumber is out there so I'm sure it'll be fixed by the Scuffle.
Good thing we brought dry clothes!
Sounds like a great run...I was planning on Bradbury Sunday morning but eneded up at Backbay to run with a friend.....no mud there!
ReplyDeleteWhere did my comment go? I'm not writing the whole thing again. Suffice to say, I saw the big puddle but only from one side so didn't run through it. But Ian and Jim did earlier in the morning.
ReplyDeleteRick said it was a good thing we were getting some rain cause he could envision Ian trucking in water to make sure there'd be puddles!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what happens to some comments. I'd say I'm 50/50 on whether my comments will show on my brother's blog. At first I thought he was deleting them!
Maybe trashing your legs makes them feel better. The hamstring/calf tightness I had before Pineland is gone. Running makes no sense.
ReplyDelete