Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival

I'm having a hard time getting myself to write up Sunday's run, but wanted to make sure I at least wrote about the weekend festival itself. Ian and Erik, along with a lot of very cheerful, hardworking volunteers, deserve so much praise and thanks for making the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival an amazing success. All the big things were taken care of, but it was also the details.

Handing out the shirts and numbers on Saturday, I heard delighted surprise to find that there were actual women's shirts in all the sizes. Also people were in love with the designs for the different races (a barefoot print for the barefoot race, a dog on the canicross shirt...).

Someone looked at the twisty, crazy-looking map and commented, "Yeah, can't get lost...right!" I reassured him that was really the case if Ian was involved. I'd be really surprised if a runner had any issue with the marking.

The enthusiasm of the groups manning the aid stations was incredible. They were out there a long time (I know) providing us with whatever was needed. I hate voting for a favorite. If you asked during the race, I'm sure it would have been whichever I just left.

Since I was on the course most of the time, I didn't get to enjoy as much of the party that went on at the start/finish, but I could knew there was good food, music, and beer. You could feel the fun.

Trail running/racing...It doesn't get any better. Well, except maybe for the Bradbury Series!

PS. I'll try to write up the race tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie,
    You are the reason the W is not near the J on the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems a lot of runners had struggles at Pineland this year. Perhaps it was the heat... If it always went perfectly then what would be fun in it.

    You are so right about Ian/Erik and all the volunteers, A fantastic and memorable time was had by all becasue of their attention to detail and genuine caring attitude.

    ReplyDelete